Saturday 23 July 2011

Amy Winehouse - Finally met something she couldn't beat up up

On the day that a Norwegian lunatic ran amok and killed over 90 children, what was the hot topic on Facebook? The death of Amy bloody Winehouse. They say you shouldn't speak ill of the dead, but frankly I spoke ill of her when she was alive, and I don't plan to stop now.

She was a violent, self-indulgent, petulant, childish brat who finally reaped exactly what she sowed. But because she had a fantastic voice, she was tolerated. Hitler liked nice music and animals - does that mean everyone should have looked the other way?

Frankly, I loathed and detested everything about Amy Winehouse; her contempt for her fans; her disregard for her health; her disregard for those who helped her become popular. But far more than my loathing of all things Amy, is my contempt for her fans who enabled her to continue her childish, certifiable antics and still be a success.

Yeah, she was tortured, yeah she had issues - doesn't everyone?

Ultimately, nature is less forgiving, and it seems that she finally met something she couldn't badmouth or assault - her own mortality in the face of a lifetime of self-abuse.

Would I wish her dead? Nope. Am I at all surprised or saddened? Again, nope.

No comments:

Post a Comment